Tuesday, February 12, 2013

A friend gave me a copy of Jehanne de Quillan's book, THE GOSPEL OF THE BELOVED COMPANION: THE COMPLETE GOSPEL OF MARY MAGDALENE, and I am resonating with this version of the story of Yeshua -- his travels, his actions, and his teachings.  In fact, I have chosen to use a segment of the book as the focus for a Lenten study with my friend, Mary. 

Beginning with chapter 41:5, Simon Peter is speaking to Mary Magdalene after she reveals to the disciples that she has seen and spoken to the resurrected Yeshua. 

41:5 SHIMON KEFA SAID TO THE MIGDALAH, "SISTER, WE KNOW THAT HE LOVED YOU MORE THAN ANY OTHER AMONG WOMEN; TELL US THE WORDS OF THE RABBI, WHICH YOU REMEMBER, WHICH YOU KNOW AND UNDERSTAND, BUT WE DO NOT, NOR HAVE WE HEARD THEM."

42:1 THE MIGDALAH ANSWERED AND SAID, "WHAT IS HIDDEN FROM YOU, I WILL PROCLAIM TO YOU."  AND SHE BEGAN TO SPEAK TO THEM THE WORDS THAT YESHUA HAD GIVEN HER.   

This "secret teaching" that Yeshua gave his Beloved will be our introspective Lenten study.  Feb. 13, tomorrow, is Ash Wednesday, and will begin our study.  Join me here each week on Wednesday, or Thursday when I have time to post it, and share Mary's remembrance of Yeshua's private teaching.  Let the ideas ferment in your mind and heart, be the sustenance for a deep, personal inner journey.   

Peace - aud


 

No comments:

Post a Comment